5 Ways to Keep a Positive Mindset
We all know that life can be so busy and so stressful! It’s easy to slip into complaining and negative thinking, but it is rarely helpful to do so.
Here are some easy ways to keep going in a positive direction.
1. Start your day on a positive note, take 15 minutes (or more) and read something inspiring like a daily devotional (Jesus Calling is one of my favorites) or your Bible. This should come first before checking email, Facebook or the news.
2. Give thanks - Think of or write down 3-10 things you are grateful for. For a challenge try not to repeat any for a while if you do this daily.
3. Use a journal for writing down your goals and dreams. Writing down your dreams is a great way to keep them in the top of your mind which helps you to see new opportunities, and inspires you to work toward your dreams.
4. Hang out with positive people. Every one needs a little vent now and again, but some people are chronic complainers. Sort of like a toxic dump! This can zap your energy and leave you feeling grumpy yourself. You don’t have to ditch your friends and family, but limiting your time with them can be a healthy choice.
5. Finally, move your body. Some exercise each day will keep both your body and mind healthy and thriving. As a bonus, combine exercise with listening to a great book or upbeat music.